- This event has passed.
Webinar | Emergency Telemedicine Education: From Setup to Billing and COVID-19
April 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Just the other day CMS issued new rules and temporary waivers to help combat the COVID pandemic. We are getting flooded with questions about telemedicine in particular and wanted to highlight some of the points of the March 31st update that relate to telehealth.
- Hospitals may use and bill for telehealth services so that patients can be screened without presenting at a hospital. The telehealth screening will allow hospitals to determine the most appropriate site for care, thereby minimizing the patient’s risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Health care providers using telehealth will be able to bill for telehealth services at the same rate as in-person services of the same kind and level. Allowable telehealth services have also been expanded during the health care crisis.
- Importantly, a patient’s home may now serve as the originating site for Medicare telehealth services. CMS is also allowing for required supervision of lower level clinicians to be accomplished through virtual technology if appropriate for a patient’s particular situation.
- Further, providers, including practitioners, may be able to temporarily enroll in Medicare to be able to assist with the current health care crisis.
Even though CMS has created some flexibility during this incredibly uncertain time…something about telemedicine laws remaining tricky and not being a one size fits all suit. Attorney Susan St. John will give you all of the details on how telemedicine set up, billing questions and more! Join us for this free webinar.
In case you missed it:
- April 14
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Medicare, telemedicine, Telehealth, telehealth billing, coronavirus, virtual doctor, covid-19, teledoctor, virtual appointent, telehealthcare, telehealth power, telehealth solutions, telehealth options, telehealth updates, telehealth medicine, medicare updates, coronavirus workers
- Florida Healthcare Law Firm