- This event has passed.
How to Add Medical Marijuana Treatment to Your Chiropractic Practice
September 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Attorneys Susan St. John and Michael Silverman will present this live lunch n’ learn webinar for providers interested in expanding their practice. They will discuss the following legal and business considerations:
- Patient Base –
- Current Patient Base – do you have current patients diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition?
- Would adding MMJ treatment increase use of alternative treatment offered at your chiropractic clinic (adjustments, massages, nutrition, etc.), that is, for new patients seeking MMJ treatment.
- Finding the Right MD or DO
- Will MMJ treatment appointments be available to patients every day of the week or only select days (and times)?
- Do you need to hire an MD or DO full time or part-time? As an employee or as an independent contractor?
- What compensation structure would you offer?
- Scheduling Appointments
- Should you pre-screen patients for qualifying medical conditions prior to scheduling an appointment?
- Should you charge for the appointment at the time of scheduling?
- Do you need to obtain a patient’s medical records prior to the initial appointment?
- Other Considerations
- What documentation needs to be maintained in a patient’s MMJ Treatment record?
- When should you schedule follow-up appointments?
- What physical space constraints need to be addressed?